Cinematic Techniques and Analysis (FLM115)
"Cinematic Techniques and Analysis"
This course will introduce the art, technology, language, and appreciation of film, exploring the varieties of film experience, film and the other arts, and the ways of viewing. Students will learn about the basic cinematic techniques and structures, including mise-en-scene and montage, use of cinematic time and space, the image, soundtrack, and the script. Consideration will also be given to analyzing the fundamentals of film production, directing, acting, and editing; how the elements of the production process are analyzed separately, then brought together to show how they create the emotional and intellectual impact of the film experience. Film examples will be screened in class.
Target Audience: Students who which to develop a critical understanding of the origin, development, cultural aspects and analysis of cinema topics through the viewing and discussion of motion pictures. Every aspiring filmmaker should take this course. You don’t need any prior filmmaking knowledge.
Duration: 8 Weeks
You will need the following for this course:
- Internet connection.
- A computer or tablet
- Textbook: Understanding Movies (12th Edition) 12th Edition
CANCELLATIONS AND RETURN POLICY
Central Florida Institute of Technology reserves the right to cancel courses, change meeting places, or make other necessary and appropriate changes to the course schedule. Courses that have not met minimum enrollment three days prior to the start date may be canceled.
Refunds for registration fees for noncredit courses are subject to the following requirements:
- If a course is cancelled, a complete refund is issued automatically within 30 days.
- A 100 percent refund is issued upon the request of the student if the student officially withdraws in writing from a course prior to the first class meeting.
- A 75 percent refund of is issued upon the student’s request if the student officially withdraws and requests a refund prior to the end of the first week of the course. For 6-week courses, refund requests must be submitted to the college no later than the first Friday of the course. No partial refunds are given for courses with one class meeting.
- No refund is issued after the first week of the class.
- Fees for specific instructional materials collected at registration are refunded unless the student receives the materials.
VERIFIED OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT
Participants who successfully completed this course are eligible to receive a verified official transcript at the end of the course. Please select “Verified official transcript wanted” when you register for the course and be sure to include your address should we need to mail your transcript. Add a Verified Official Transcript (VOT) to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($25.00 USD) and show that you have successfully completed your course.