Complete Course in Screenwriting (Feature-Film)
Participants will learn the craft of screenwriting for feature-length film by exploring the fundamental elements of screenwriting such as plot structure, character development, and dialogue. Students will be required to start and complete a theatrical feature-length screenplay (for the screen); utilizing the industry-accepted format for writing feature films. In the screenwriting course, students focus on the theory and craft of professional screenwriting. You leave this course with a completed first draft of your original feature-length screenplay. Upon successfully finishing the Professional Screenwriting for Feature Film course, students receive a Certificate of Completion.
Where: Online at Central Florida Institute of Technology.
Format: This is an instructor-led online workshop with as needed web-based video conferences.
Objective: In this workshop, I will begin by providing students with a realistic approach to creating a low-cost feature film. I also offer several step-by-step guides for planning, managing, and producing your movie. Every instruction is written in a practical, easy-to-follow format and style, with an abundance of checklists, forms, tactics, and tools.
Who may attend: For anybody wanting to make their first film, but is not sure where to start and what steps to take. This course will serve as a step-by-step guide that will assist you along your journey.
CANCELLATIONS AND RETURN POLICY
Central Florida Institute of Technology reserves the right to cancel courses, change meeting places, or make other necessary and appropriate changes to the course schedule. Courses that have not met minimum enrollment three days prior to the start date may be canceled.
Refunds for registration fees for noncredit courses are subject to the following requirements:
- If a course is cancelled, a complete refund is issued automatically within 30 days.
- A 100 percent refund is issued upon the request of the student if the student officially withdraws in writing from a course prior to the first class meeting.
- A 75 percent refund of is issued upon the student’s request if the student officially withdraws and requests a refund prior to the end of the first week of the course. For 6-week courses, refund requests must be submitted to the college no later than the first Friday of the course. No partial refunds are given for courses with one class meeting.
- No refund is issued after the first week of the class.
- Fees for specific instructional materials collected at registration are refunded unless the student receives the materials.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Participants who sucessfully advanced level courses are eligible to receive a professional certificate of completion at the end of the course. Please select “Certificate wanted” when you register for the course and be sure to include your address should we need to mail your certificate.